Sunday, September 21, 2014

Update

True Stories: Volume 1 is being pushed hard by the fine folks at Diamond, which is the entity that supplies the comix stock to virtually every comic book shop in the US.  Its general release is coming soon, and it's the biggest pre-order book Alternative Comics has ever had. This is all very gratifying. A nice way to send The City, where these true stories first appeared, off to that great comics page in the sky.

What about The Baron of Prospect Ave. webcomic? Well, I'm afraid Otto and Co. are on hiatus for the rest of 2014. I am blasted away on Trashed seven days a week. I simply don't have time for anything else. So, naturally, I've been getting lots of intriguing offers, all of which I've had to turn down.  Trashed is due at Christmas. I'll have some edits and other bullshit to punch out, then I'm off to Angouleme at the end of January. When I return, I'll be completely free until Trashed is released in the Fall. I'll pick up The Baron again then.

Didn't anticipate this hard schedule, sorry. Writing Trashed took longer than expected and the penciling was excruciatingly slow. This is complicated drawing: lots of landscapes, lots of machinary. But I think it's a very strong book.