Monday, December 29, 2014

Why I Don't Give Up on Facebook

If you've been reading here, you know that the Facebook Monolith  froze my page because Derf Backderf "sounds like a fake name." Just like that, poof, went 4,000 friends and eight years of content. I had to open a new page using John Derf Backderf, under my legal first name that no one but my Mom uses.

700 friends quickly located me, with more every day, but the whole thing is pretty fucking irksome. The Library of Congress lists me as Derf Backderf, but Facebook won't? What a joke. And, of course, it drove home just what an unreliable entity Facebook is. Many urged me to just bail altogether and stick with Twitter, which I use, and Tumblr, which I don't. I like Facebook, as do many of my comix brethren. 



That's right. An unsolicited message from Kitten Natividad, the star of Russ Meyer classics Up and Beneath the Valley of the Ultra-Vixens!


Obviously, Kitten encountered the same problem.